Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday Night Fights: Mosquito - Round 11: He's Got Legs, And He Knows How To....Oh, You Know!



For tonight's round of Friday Night Fights: Mosquito, we're going to show a little leg.


Actually, a lot of leg.


The mechanical variety.


Courtesy of one of Marvel's classic high-stepping hoodlum, STILT-MAN!!


(What did you guys THINK I meant?)


Anyway, tonight's stilted smackdown comes courtesy of one of Marvel's most fun but also most short-lived 70's comic tenures, the Bill Mantlo/John Byrne run of Champions. In Champions#12, by Mantlo, Byrne, and inker Bob Layton, our long-legged lowlife is fighting Bill Foster aka Black Goliath (it was the 70's, just roll with it), when he also comes face to face with the relatively new Champions, beginning with an opening punch from Hercules.


So he's done for, right? Well, fortunately for ol' Stilty, he's got legs, and he.....


 
 
....well, you know the rest!
 
 
Bonus: Ghost Rider asks the same question asked by everyone reading the comic:
 



You're asking US, Johnny?


I know what my fellow Twitterati Robin Cook would say about tonight's round: "Hey, why no LADY Stilt-Man? Also? This fight needs DEATH SCRUNCHIES!"


Now for tonight's music. I have been racking my brain for something ELSE to play BESIDES ZZ Top's "Legs", but I'm completely stuck for another song. So it looks like I'm going to have to play that one after all. *Sigh* Sorry, folks, I've got no choice.


Well, let's just get it over with: Tonight's fight music is....


Wait a minute! I may have a better solution...


 Oh, bless you, Blue Oyster Cult!


 
 
 
For more hell-raising hydraulics, click here. And don't forget to vote!
 


2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Blogger SallyP said...


there is nothing about Stiltman that isn't fabulous.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Godzylla said...

Glad I could help with the musical selection, my friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home