Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Hiatus-- Maybe?

You may be seeing less of me soon.


We just welcomed our first son into the world this past weekend. He's a beautiful baby boy. It's a strange and wonderful feeling I really can't describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it before. The moment I looked at him everything changed.


One of those changes, however, may be in the future in this blog. Right now, we're still getting used to the little guy's sleep cycle. Let's just say that right now, he's keeping rock star hours: energetic and often temperamental at night, sleepy and peaceful in the daytime. We're still learning the ropes and haven't reached full efficiency in things like diaper-changing. In addition, our child (I'll call him Baby NITF) was born by Cesarian section, meaning that my wife's also recovering from her operation, which leaves some of the more physical tasks, not to mention all driving, to yours truly.


What does that mean for the future of the blog? Well, frankly, I....don't know. I could have a "Friday Night Fights" entry as soon as this Friday, or I might not blog for a few weeks or months, or this could be my last blog post ever. At this point, things could go in any of those directions.  I really don't know which one it will be right now.


Something like this is requires a real shift in priorities. When you're single, it's all about you. When you're married and have children, it becomes all about them. I've now got two people for whom I'd give up my life. Giving up writing a blog is small potatoes by comparison.


I'll try to keep you posted as I figure things out and get adjusted. I'll still be posting my usual smartass comments on comics, politics, and the like on Twitter. You'll know something when I do.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 AM , Blogger Saranga said...

Glad to know all are ok and hope your wife is recovering well.

Don't fret about the blogging. real life happens, and is def more important than this. :)

 
At 9:17 AM , Anonymous ShadowWing Tronix said...

Do what you gotta do, man. We're all happy for you. Hope you can least get the occasional FNF out. We're slowly dying off and we ain't dead. :D

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

Congratulations!

Oh, and forget about sleeping for the next six months.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger SpaceBooger said...

Congrats man! Welcome to the club and I understand everything you posted 100%.
The best thing about having kids is that the plastic bags and cardboard doesn't matter anymore. The stories and fun become the most important thing again. I read a ton of books during the late night hours while up with my babies. The wrinkles and creases are worth it knowing that I shared it with them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home