Monday, September 19, 2011

I'll Tumblr 4 Ya: ESCHER GIRLS

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the debut of "I'll Tumblr 4 Ya", a new sporadic (as always) feature where I spotlight a tumblr that I really enjoy viewing and encourage you folks to read it. Today, I'm focusing on "Escher Girls", the new tumblr from Ami Angelwings, in which Ami showcases pictures of female comic book characters in impossible and/or ridiculous poses because the artist needed to give the readers fan service, anatomical considerations be damned.


Too often, our heroines are drawn to look like they've been sneaking into Ralph Dibny's Gingold stash, with anatomies that seems to indicate a lack of internal organs and body poses which would indicate severe chiropractic difficulties. There is a veritable gold mine of material ripe for ridicule, and it's great that Ami is able to mine it and fill a niche.


Well played, Ami!


And here's one, on me.




This one's the cover of Buffy The Vampire Slayer#3, drawn by Jo Chen, featuring Willow. Who knew witchcraft could look so painful?

8 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

Have you ever actually tried to pose like some of these drawings? Painful doesn't even begin to describe it. I remember trying to do the Mary Jane Statue pose a while back, and thought I would dislocate my back.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

I try all of the poses I put up before I put them up just to see if they're possible, or how close I get. My back hates me right now xD And I keep falling over XD

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

Anatomy is your friend, boys. Learn to draw! Speaking of which, have you seen the spoof that Kate Beaton has done on this very subject.

Hilarious!

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger notintheface said...

No I haven't. Can you link the site?

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lebron shoes
gucci belts for men
adidas outlet
gucci belt
golden goose
nike air force 1 high
fitflops sale clearance
lacoste polo
michael kors outlet
adidas shoes

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger jeje said...

cheap jordans
adidas ultra boost 3.0
yeezy boost 350
retro jordans
links of london
stephen curry shoes
michael kors factory outlet
true religion jeans
nfl jerseys
nike air max 2018

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

los angeles lakers jerseys
mont blanc pens
coach outlet online
jordan 4
cheap ray bans
ralph lauren outlet
canada goose jackets
christian louboutin shoes
coach factory outlet
cincinnati bengals jerseys

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger zzyytt said...

air jordan
vans shoes
adidas superstar shoes
nike lebron 15
jordan 13
nike huarache
curry 4
nike air force 1 high
adidas nmd
nike flyknit trainer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home