Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Friday Night Fights: Repeat Rehash Revenge! - Round 2: Rude Silence!



For Round 2 of Friday Night Fights: Repeat Rehash Revenge!, I'm spotlighting the genius of The Dude.



No, not him.


I'm talking about "Nexus" co-creator and artist extraordinaire Steve "The Dude" Rude, who drew the 3-part World's Finest miniseries starring Superman and Batman (written by Dave Gibbons and inked by Karl Kesel). Since the rules of Repeat Rehash Revenge! state that I can only use a character or characters whom I used in my previous round, and my previous round was Booster Gold and Superman vs. a robot, I am focusing on the Man of Steel this week.


Here's a scene from World's Finest#1 spotlighting a typical crime-in-progress in Metropolis. Notice how this fight is rendered in complete silence, with no captions, word balloons, or sound effects.


(Click on the scans below to enlarge and fully appreciate the Dude goodness.)




Evvn though this scene is completely "silent", it still speaks volumes. Therefore, it's appropriate that this week's fight music is "The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel.


To see more cool "dudes" (and "dudettes"), click here. And don't forget to vote!