Friday, January 14, 2011

"Amen" to Church!

I caught this cartoon on Kevin Church's "The Rack" site by way of Josh Reynolds. Talk about something that's needed saying! I've seen the word "rape" casually used like this by men and even a few women online, and it never fails to irritate the hell out of me.


Dane Cook, of all people, put it best:

I think the word "raped" gets thrown around far too casually. You ever listen to a bunch of guys playing video games with each other online? It’s like, “Ah man you shot me in the back dude. You raped me dude!” I’m pretty sure if I talked to a woman who’s been through that horrific situation and I said, “What was it like you know being raped?" She’s not gonna look at me and go, “Have you ever played Halo?"


One thing I'd like to add: We need to extend this to other areas, like the political arena, as well. You're not getting "raped" when your taxes go up, your monthly parking fee increases, or you have to pay more for gas. It's not even fucking close.


(ETA: The Dane Cook quote came by way of Thom Wade.)

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

Amen. I felt like cheering.

 
At 4:45 AM , Blogger Saranga said...

Amen to that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home