Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Superman #701: If Only Johnny Carson And Ed McMahon Were Alive Today....


ED MCMAHON: "Heaven has no brighter star than our next stellar guest, that omnipotent master of the east and former dental hygienist to Matter-Eater Lad, Carnac the Magnificent!"




ED: "Welcome once again, O Great Sage... I hold in my hand these envelopes. As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. No one knows the contents of these envelopes, but you, in your divine and mystical way, will ascertain the answers to these questions having never seen them before."


CARNAC: "You are right, Amnesium-Breath."


(Pause)


"I must have complete silence."


(Holds envelope to his forehead)


"Superman #701."


(Lowers envelope and tears it open.)


"Name the reason I won't be buying Superman #702. Or 703. Or 704..."


ED: "Ho ho ho ho!!!"



CARNAC: "May J. Michael Straczynski get assigned to write your favorite superhero comic... and never get bored."



(Takes next envelope and holds to forehead)



"Nicholson....Jello Pudding....JMS."





(Lowers envelope and tears it open.)



"Name a Jack, a snack, and a hack."



ED: "Ho ho ho ho ho!!!"

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Blogger TS said...

You know it! Very funny post, which has spurred me to comment. I haven't read 701 yet since I'm getting my books sent once a month, but it is funny that 700's brief intro of the new team has sent me sprinting for the exit. Too bad I'm stuck having pre-ordered 701 & 702.

I'm having a similar reaction to Paul Levitz's current spin on the Legion in Adventure and the new book. I just can't grok it, and have dropped them as well. (((sigh)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home