Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Following The Dream


"Flames to dust,

Lovers to friends,

Why do all good things come to an end?"


- Nelly Furtado


It is with great regret that I must announce that this is my last official post on the Stars And Garters blog.


It's been a great pleasure using this blog as a creative outlet where I could express myself and share my opinions on such varied subjests as comics, entertainment, music, and politics. Even better, it was a chance to interact with such wonderful bloggers as Sea of Green, Saranga, Ami Angelwings, Brian "Disco" Snell, Josh Reynolds, and, of course, the great and talented Sally P. And I'll never forget the fun I had copying and pasting all those "Friday Night Fights" scans for Bahlactus and Spacebooger.


But now I have the chance to pursue my biggest dream. Hovever, adding that pursuit to my already overburdened schediule means something has to give way. Unfortunately, that "something" is the Stars And Garters blog.


But the good news is that I'll be doing something I've been wanting to accomplish for nearly 24 years. I had put this dream aside in favor of pursuing a business career, and I had regretted it ever since. Now, however, I've decided to go back to my first love. Flo Rida's recent Billboard success with "Right Round" has inspired me to once again pursue my dream and form:



YOUTHQUAKE



The ULTIMATE Dead or Alive Tribute Band


After all these years, I'm finally getting the chance to perform my favorite DoA hits like "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)" and....that other song, and....uh...that other, other song.


I'll be living my heart's desire with all the passion of a... brand new lover.



My heart goes "Bang Bang Bang Bang!" in anticipation.

6 Comments:

At 6:50 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

Oh you Scamp! For a minute there, I thought you were serious, and my heart just plummeted.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger notintheface said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger notintheface said...

Actually, thare was a kernel of truth to that post. I may indeed have to consider curtailing my blogging activity, or at least reducing it, a few months from now to follow a dream, or rather a dream girl. More details to follow in a future post. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Suffice it to say it has nothing to do with an '80's band.

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0619
mizuno running shoes
canada goose outlet
air jordan shoes
bape clothing
coach outlet
moncler jackets
oakley sunglasses
ugg outlet
ugg boots
tory burch outlet

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0725
canada goose coats
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
canada goose outlet
denver broncos jerseys
barcelona jersey
warriors jerseys
mishka clothing
oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin outlet

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger zzyytt said...

adidas ultra boost
nike air vapormax
balenciaga shoes
jordan retro
yeezy boost 350
jordan retro 13
air max 270
nmd
nike air max 2019
asics shoes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home