Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sorry! Can't post right now. Going through withdrawal....


Scans Daily has been suspended.


Apparently, it had something to do with someone posting the ending to a recent X-Factor comic and Peter David reporting it.


My reaction?


Aw, crap!


You see, since I lack a functional scanner, I relied heavily on Scans for the pictures on my blog postings. Most of the scans on my Friday Night Fights entries were copied from there (although four of my last five actually weren't). But that's not the worst part.


The worst part is that I turned to the Scans site to view a lot of stuff that I might otherwise be unaware of or get a chance to read. If, say, the latest Green Lantern or Supergirl issue was sold out at my local shops, I could at least rely on Scans having a summary post. Also, Scans allowed me to view samples of hard-to-find comics from past decades that I may have missed the first time around.


I will persevere, but, man, this is a pain in the ass.


My first instinct was to look for a scan of the "Tony Stark going cold turkey" scene from Iron Man's "Demon In A Bottle" arc, or the scene with Dinah Lance helping Roy Harper kick heroin in Green Lantern/Green Arrow, or...


DAMMIT !!

2 Comments:

At 4:48 AM , Blogger Saranga said...

Aww shit. I hope that isn't a permanent thing.

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

I'm a bit torn on this. Yes, it was very handy for scans, I've filched my share over time. On the other hand, some of those people were a little...crazy. On the other hand, some of those people were very nice indeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home