Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tag! I'm "It": My Very First "Meme"

I've been tagged with my very first meme, courtesy of SallyP. My task, according to this meme, is to come up with the best blog entry I've ever read. No easy feat, as I read from several blogs each week and, like Dr. Sam Beckett on "Quantum Leap", I have a swiss-cheese memory. Like Sally, I was inspired by reading people like Ragnell, Kalinara, and particularly Chris Sims and Dave Campbell to dabble in this blogging thing.

However, I have risen to the challenge: Not only will I give you what I consider the best, but I will give you a few runners-up.



The third runner up is a quote from Cheryl Lynn's Digital Femme blog:

"...Marvel needs a shot of estrogen even more than Ann Coulter right about now."

Hee!



The second runner-up comes from Devon Sanders' "Seven Hells" blog, in which he discloses his "Number One" in his list of Comics' 5 Greatest Douchebags. Click here to see who it is and you'll understand why Devon rates a special mention. (Tony Stark actually only made it to number two, and this was in the thick of "Civil War".)



The first runner-up comes from a blogger who is currently inactive, at least with regard to comics blogs. It's the aforementioned Dave Campbell and his late, lamented Dave's Long Box. A little history: Back on April Fool's Day I retooled my blog and claimed that I had changed it to "Rein of Terra - The Unofficial Terra-Man Website". I was sooo proud of myself....until Campbell's blog entries for that same day put mine to shame. DAMN YOU, CAMPBELL, AND YOUR TINY CHAIR!!



But my Number One Best Blog Entry Ever Award has to go to Mr Chris Sims, who in this entry entitled "The Abyss Gazes Also" had the audacity to combine two great tastes that taste great together:







Archie and The Watchmen!

Bravo, Chris!

And now it's my turn: I'm tagging Ami Angelwings and Thom Wade with this meme. The ball is in your court, fellow bloggers. Ready to serve?

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

This is a difficult meme, it is so hard to come up with Only One. But excellent choices!

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Devon Sanders said...

This is quite the honor!

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home