Wednesday, July 02, 2008

5 Years Ago Today


While I was against the Iraq War from the start and hated the direction he was taking the country, I didn't decide President Bush was truly irredeemable until 5 years ago today, when he made this comment about Iraqis who were attacking our forces:

''There are some who feel like -- that the conditions are such that they can attack us there,'' Mr. Bush said. ''My answer is, bring them on."

Bring them on?

Yes, that's right. He was essentially goading enemy soldiers to attack our troops by taunting them.

This would have been irresponsible enough even coming from a leader who was actually fighting alongside our troops on the battlefield. But coming from someone in the safety of an air-conditioned office thousands of miles away? It was unconscionable.

January 20, 2009 cannot possibly come fast enough.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

Yup.

For me, it's that goddamn smirk on his face. I just want to slap him.

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

I remember that. What a brave man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home