Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh, Willow, Willow, Willow, Don't You KNOW....???


I just read this post from Avalon's Willow, in which she took issue with Vixen's skin pigmentation in the above panel. Here is my favorite excerpt from that post:

There are only a handful of minority characters, in your universe DC. And while yes, said characters totally kick ass, that is no excuse for you to be cavalier. There's no reason for this not to have been caught.

And then in the comments she goes on to post this:

I want my superheroes to be precious. I want the same concern over features and skin tone as happened over Citizen's Steel's crotch.

When I read commentary like the examples above, I just have to laugh*.

(* "Laugh" meaning "totally fucking agree with you".)

Oh, Willow, Willow, Willow.

Do you really think the job of DC editors is to maintain character consistency and quality control???

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!

Of course not!

The job of DC editors is to pitch and mandate inane companywide crossovers to their writers!!

I mean, come on, these are the same people who couldn't keep the gender of Tempest's baby consistent!

Oh, Willow.

You are so prehistoric**.

(** "Prehistoric" meaning "Dead-on balls accurate".)

2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM , Blogger zhinxy said...

This is so bitter and meanspirited and superfluous and not going to change anything anyway*

*Meaning: Yeah, totally agree. (And I like the benes-ster, butts and all.)

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

You're channeling *somebody* Zhinxy :o We need an exorcism! xD

And yus I think the DC editors need a rename xD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home